< Back to IRCAM Forum

Semi-interactive Mubu tutorial thread

This is an experiment to see if Mubu tutoring is possible in a Forum discussion thread, initiated by Federico Placidi, but everyone can join in (now or later).

I will post documentation and patches to look at, then you respond with questions (do reply to the specific post, don’t use the general reply button at the end).

Ready? Let’s go then…
…Diemo

4 Likes

1. Introduction

• look through this document: mubu intro + pipo 2019.pdf (958.2 KB), and
  • go through the tutorial patches 01 to 04 accessible from the Mubu-Overview patch in the extras menu.

Reply to this post directly with any questions while reading the docs or patches.

1 Like

Hi @elenawonder22,

could you describe the issue ?
I have no trouble downloading the pdf from my side.

Thanks @schwarz

The first in the series of Mubu video tutorials is out: Getting started

1 Like

And here is the project holding the accompanying patches:
https://forum.ircam.fr/projects/detail/mubu-tutorials-material/

and the article:

Dear Diemo ,

I was working with some of my students trying to build an integrated working environment for CataRT
using the CataRT Mubu distribution.
Unfortunately browsing through all the tutorials has put into evidence severe inconsistencies between the patches.
One main problem is that all the libraries are based on a single MUBU container name [Corpus] and [Audio] track.
So in order to create two or three of them means to rebuild all the abstraction from scratch (at least to check their names, re-open bpatchers etch). This is a serious problem.
Then the practical Key Mixer patch is very difficult to map to any compatible controller (from iPad using Mira or Touch OSC etc…) due to the fact that it has been build and patched (lots of bpatcher there) in a very peculiar way.
So we call for help and guidance from your side, if possible.
Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Many many thanks.

Federico

ps

will you be in Paris during the March Forum meeting?

Hi Federico, I moved this catart-related topic over here: Integrated working environment for CataRT

I won’t be at the Forum in person, since I’m in Marseille for a 5 months’ residency.

Best, Diemo