< Back to IRCAM Forum

Can't hear sound of MIDI with vmpk

Hello Karim,

I have problems with vmpk, while it worked before,
when I launch midi, the keys of the keyboard are displayed well but I have no sound, here are my prefs of vmpk…

when I click on the keyboard, I have a sound

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely

Jerome

I’ve reinstall vmpk, a,d, now, it works

sorry for this inconvenience…

1 Like

hi, K

I installed OM 6.19 and I have exactly the same problem back again.

I can see the notes on the keyboard but I have no sound. I tried to re install vmpk but no way out

Here is the status of vmpk :

Any ideas ?

Hello.

Same problem with me - OS11, M1 computer. newest OM.
What am i doing wrong? all works except i can’t hear…

thanks
Dai

and i tried, and no luck:

and…(why can’t i post more than 1 screenshot!? )

Hello Dal

MicroPlayer & MultiPlayer are very obsolete applications and had nothing to do with MIDI. And now the only player is R-UDP-Player which uses OSC. Otherwise, you can use the IAC driver and a stand-alone synth

What attracts my attention is the VMPK Output, which should hypothetically send MIDI to OM.

More …… I can see a record button in score editors, Can you tell us how it works ? Do I have to use reactive mode ? @haddad

Same problem with OM# @bresson

Best,

Jerome

Dear All,

@Dai, i think you should check the vmpk preferences.
and use this setup in OM MIDI preferences.:

https://discussion.forum.ircam.fr/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f3da1a08f82956dbdc05bc63b4ea5b9ae9448c4e.png

and as Jerome states it doesn’t have to do with microplayer nor the multiplayer.

@Jerome, please you have here too many questions, can you open a new post for each? (ie. regarding recording midi)

Best
K

thanks for this.
R-UEP-Player doesn’t seem to have the one for Big Sur (and M1) computer…

VMPK, i downloaded suggested by Karim, though somehow i can’t get it to sound from OM…(VMPK itself makes sound fine…)

thanks!

Please follow this setup:

BEst
K

hello,

I can see to notes on the vmpk keyboard but no sound, so I think that the problem does not come from OM but from vmpk

OSX catalina

Best,

jerome

I’ve found how to hear the MIDI with vmpk

Edit menu / MIDI connexion

Thanks to Karim for that,

Best,

Jerome