< Back to IRCAM Forum

Triggering Automatic Sound Source Movement in Spat5

Hi!

I am super new to this, so I apologize if this question is too basic!

Basically, I am setting up a multi-channel, interactive sound installation. I have 6 PIR sensors that when triggered send a signal to Max from Arduino. I am hoping to have this trigger a sonic event through the 8 speakers I have set up; for each trigger, I was hoping to create a different sequence or “choreography” for the sound sources to travel. How can I achieve this? I’d like to have presets for each sensor, but I am also interested in seeing if I could trigger random sequences. If anyone has links to tutorials already existing or any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi,

The question of triggering random processes (or other algorithmic sequences) from sensors is very generic, not specific to Spat. Therefore it’s difficult to give an adequate answer.
“spat5.tuto-basic-3.maxpat” gives a simple example of sound spatialization with 8 channels.
“spat5.tuto-viewer-3.maxpat” and “spat5.tuto-viewer-5.maxpat” provide some basic examples of “choreography” of sound sources moving in space.

Hope this helps.
T.

1 Like

This honestly helped so much! I feel like the overview was so huge and intimidating, I didn’t know where to start! I also clearly don’t even know how to start explaining my own work to ask for help! :sweat_smile:

Thanks again!