< Back to IRCAM Forum

Speaker conflict messages spat5.hoa.decode~ Spat 5.2.6

Hi T,

I have a patch that sends speaker data to spat5.hoa.decode~ in a list. The first time this data is sent to the object after initialisation it reports a number conflicts with other speaker data, e.g.:
"
spat5.hoa.decoder~: error occurred when processing “/speaker/8/aed -100.0 0.0 1”. Reason: invalid loudspeaker setup : speaker #13 and #8 have almost the same angular direction (azimuth/elevation). Angular spacing is 2.0 degrees.
"
Resending the same list of speaker data to the object following these reports generates no error messages.

I guess that the “errors” reported by the object are conflicts between the initialisation state of the object and the incoming data stream (no speakers in these lists have almost the same angular direction as other speakers)?

Is there a way to switch off this error reporting, please?

Best wishes,
tony

Hi,

I guess that the “errors” reported by the object are conflicts between the initialisation state of the object and the incoming data stream (no speakers in these lists have almost the same angular direction as other speakers)?

This is very likely, indeed.

Is there a way to switch off this error reporting

You cannot switch off error reporting. But sending all speaker coordinates at once as a list (/speakers/aed [list of 3xN values]) should solve your problem, hopefully.
If not, please send your patcher for further investigation.

Best,
T.

thanks. I’ll try this.

best,
tony