< Back to IRCAM Forum

Spat5.oper stereo sources

Hello - new Spat user here running the latest version (5.2.0) in Max 8 on Windows 10.

I’m trying to add a stereo source to a spat setup using the binaural example patch as a basis - I’ve determined that @mode can be used to add stereo sources to spat5.spat, and that it’s possible to add a stereo source graphically to spat5.oper via ‘/stereo/number n’, but I can’t figure out how to link the two of them - after making these changes I see a new source appear in the visualizer, but moving it doesn’t do anything - the actual sound source remains linked to one of the ‘mono’ source icons and its corresponding source tab in the spat5.oper window.

Is there something I’m missing?

Thank you!

Hi,

Well, in spat5.oper and spat5.spat~, all sources are expected to be controlled by “/source/number”, regardless if they are mono or stereo.
Stereo elements can indeed be represented/depicted in the spat5.oper, but this has no actual effect (as you noticed).
I admit it’s not entirely satisfactory or consistent, but that’s how it is at the moment.

Best,
T.

Thanks for the clarification - at least I know I’m not missing something. I don’t suppose anyone has created anything to link pairs (or more) of mono sources so they move in tandem?

If not, I guess that’s my next project…