< Back to IRCAM Forum

Spat + windows 10

Hello T.

I am trying to install the latest version of spat on windows 10 and can’t make it work with Latest Max7.
I haven’t used any windows OS since windows XP, so I might be doing something wrong.

I installed latest windows version of Max7 and copied latest windows version of spat in Max7 package folder (Documents/Max7/Packages)
then Max7 outputs an “Error 126 loading external …” for every spat patches I try to open.

Is there a windows trick I am not aware of? I tried a lot of things to no avail.

Best regards,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

Could you try to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015 (as detailed in the Release Note) and let me know if this fixes your problem ?

Spat∼ Windows version requires the “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015”. You can (freely) download it from Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx? id=48145.
Select either “vcredist_x86.exe” or “vcredist_x64.exe” depending on your architecture, and follow the instruc- tions for installation.

T.

Thank you T. for your support. You solved my problem.

Best regards,
Philippe.

Hello,

I just purchased SPAT and I’m getting the same Error 126 in Max 7 (32 bits) for the spat.spat~ object. I reinstalled the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (I already had them installed) and I’m still getting the same error. This is also in Windows 10.

Ah never mind. I hadn’t seen the instructions posted in the sticky in this forum about copying the SOFA support files. Fixed now. Sorry for the noise.

Great!

Hey there

‘Ah never mind. I hadn’t seen the instructions posted in the sticky in this forum about copying the SOFA support files. Fixed now. Sorry for the noise.’

I have the same issue on Win10, redistributable packages already installed (I tried to reinstall them but the machine has them already). I just can’t find this ‘sticky’ in the forum. Could you please tell where it is?

Thanks

Axel

Hi all, I just installed Visual C++ Redis. 2017 x64 for Windows 10, as instructed in Spat5 release notes, but still get Error 126. What did I do wrong? Do I need to delete all previous versions of Visual C++ Redis. ?

Thanks

Alban

Dear Alban,

Don’t delete previous versions of Visual C++ Redistribuable (they might be used by other software tools).

Have you followed these steps :

Windows:

1. install the “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2017″; you can (freely) download it from Microsoft website: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/.
    Select “Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable” and “x64″ and follow the instructions for installation.
  2. unzip the spat 5 archive, and copy the content to your Max Packages folder
  3. copy the following DLL files from the Spat package:
    /dependencies/zlib1.dll
    /dependencies/hdf5_hl.dll
    /dependencies/hdf5.dll
    /dependencies/libcurl.dll
    /dependencies/netcdf.dll
    alongside the Max 64 bit executable i.e.: C:\Programmes\Cycling ’74\Max 7\
  4. launch Max 64 bit

System Requirements:
Spat 5.0 is compatible with macOS 10.7 or higher, and 64 bit Windows OS.
It is compatible with Max 6.1.4 or higher (Max 7 or Max 8). It is not compatible with Max 5 or earlier.

Best,
T.

Example for Max 8, the DLL files should be copied here :