< Back to IRCAM Forum

Snapshot renumber and/or reorder

Hi Thibaut,
I am profitably using the snapshots system to store the states of the spat5.oper.
I would like to propose two functions for the snapshot window.
Add a renumber function for the snapshots, based on the position where the various snapshots are moved.
Add an alphabetical ordering function based on the snapshot name.
Let me know if this is possible.

Hi Lorenzo,

Both requests make sense; I will implement them for the next release, and keep you posted.

Thanks,
T.

1 Like

Hi Thibaut,

I have a request for snapshots… I would like to use them as playlists so that I can automatically execute them one after the other. Does it make sense to you ?

Best,

Jerome

1 Like

Hi JĂ©rĂ´me,

Yes, this makes sense.
I’ll try to add that to the next release.

Best,
T.

1 Like

Hi Jerome, do you mean: when a Snapshot finishes a transition, it should automatically go to the next one?
Of course, you can already use the “/snapshot/recall/previous” and the /snapshot/recall/next" messages or recall them by number or title.

I’m adding new notification messages (through the dump outlet) when a given snapshot has been loaded.
This should facilitate the implementation of an “automatic playlist” as suggested by Jérôme.

Best,
T.

1 Like

Hi Lorenzo and JĂ©rĂ´me,

Below is a beta build with a couple of new features for snapshots.
In particular, you can have a look at
spat5.tuto-snapshots and spat5.snapshot.management

Let me know if that fits your needs.
T.

https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=e1848b63-8339-4c87-be89-34f929367a6d

Hi Thibaut,

This patch is very interesting but I was expecting something in the snapshots window, actually.

That said, good job, it works !

Best,

Jerome

Hi Thibaut,
sorry to answer after days…I don’t receive notifications of forum mail.
The sorting works fine on my side!
Thanks

Hi Thibaut,
since we are there, why don’t you put two buttons “sort” and “renumber” also in the head of the snapshot window? It would be practical and there is some room.
Let me know