< Back to IRCAM Forum

Problem with Om4csound

Hello everyone, I am writing to ask for help regarding the functioning of the Om4csound library (1.3) by M. Lanza. I’m currently working on MacOs Monterey 12.0.1 (Apple M1 chip) and the OpenMusic version is 7.3.
Every time I try to synthesize sounds with functions from the aforementioned library, OM keeps evaluating endlessly, forcing me to perform a force exit.
I attach the screen of a small example and thank you in advance for your time.
Niccolò C.

Hi Niccolo,

Since it is a third party library, and in order to try to help you out, can you send us the library in question (or a link to download it) + the patch itself?

Best
K

Hi Karim,

Niccolò is a student of mine, I think soon he will send you the patch. It runs on Linux and on OsX High Sierra, Intel chip. Meanwhile here is Lanza’s library, it can be also downloaded from a link on an old post on OM Facebook group.

om4csound.zip (1.9 MB)

Thanks in advance for any help. Ciao

Fabio

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to thank you for your prompt response.
Since the library is already loaded, I’ll simply share the patch I just showed (plus another patch that has the same issues). Evaluating step by step I noticed that up to “cs_out” the algorithm works, but evaluating “make-csd” OM crashes.

Best regards

Niccolò C.

Below is the WeTransfer link for the two patches:

Hi,

After inspecting the code, it seems that a lot to do. The csd->synth is not working. Most variables override environment variables.

Maybe if you contact the author to see if he has not a new version of his library.

Best
K

Hi Karim,
Thank you for your invaluable help. I will proceed by contacting the developer and as soon as there is news I will communicate it on this forum.
Best regards

Niccolò C.