< Back to IRCAM Forum

Problem using virtual choir in live

Hello i try to use virtual choir with live 11 . I have an audio file coming in but nothing coming out when i trun the output to wet . No processing . Maybe i missed something ? I’ve tried the example but i cannot make it work with a direct audio file an input . Maybe i miss something but it should work as melodic scale
With Melodic scale i have no issue . Please see attached screen capture

Thank you

Thank you

Patrick

Patrick

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. What version of Windows PC are you working on? Virtual Choir has not yet been tested on live 11. Have you already opened the device in Max? What does the Max console tell you? Do you have any error messages that could help us? Thank you for your help. We hope we can answer your question.

Sincerely

Hello

thank you for your answer , I tried it on live 10 the problem remain the same on PC . Yes it is strange because virtual choir is processing and everything seems to work fine except that there is no output signal processed . I am using windows 10 . I will come back to you later with the additional information with the max console . best regards Patrick

Hello again

i’ve open virtual choir in Max and they are some error in loading some external spat5

Error 126 loading external spat5.limiter~
Error 126 loading external spat5.fixnan~
Error 126 loading external spat5.pan~

I’ve upload at your intention two screen captures of the max console , i hope it will help you to solve the issue . As i am working now on a project using this patch i would be very happy to have some help into finding a way to make it work with my PC . Thank you in advance

Patrick

Hi.

Have you ever installed spat5 on windows before ?
Could you try reading this post before, please ?

Best

I have no idea how to do it .
But normally chord in should work by itself in Live , The melodic scale sibling works fine on my PC .
I really don’t know what to do

Thanks

Patrick

I,ve done what you suggested but i am not sure i’ve placed the dll in the right place as i still get the same error . Please look at the screen capture

Thank you

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

What is your version of Spat ? Since v.5.2, the DLLs are now in the package and there is no need to install them in the Max folder anymore. However, we saw a case that needed to add the DLLs.

Best,

Jerome

Hello

so i followed your instructions , i installed first The microsoft Visual c++ 2015-2019 X64 14.28.29910.0
As well Spat 5.21 and i tried with and without the dll in the cycling folder . Same problem , just look at the screen shot to double check if the items are in the right folder

Thank you Patrick

Hi @patrickmimran,

To be used by MaxforLive, files should be copied in the Max folder inside the Live app.
Something like: C:ProgramData/Ableton/Live 10 Suite/Resources/max
(ProgramData is a hidden folder. In the Windows display tab you have to enable Show hidden files.)

Thanks

Hello Mr Beller

i tried your suggestions unfortunately i couldn’t make virtual chord to work . Maybe i forgot something but here are the places where i put the files

C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\Max for spat5-x64

and

C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Program for the ddl , i as well tried leaving the 5 dll in their original place inside the spat folder

I might still miss something but it still doesn’t work , or maybe there is a bug inside Virtual choir , as melodic scale works well inside a similar congiguration .

Thank you

Patrick

Hello,

I finally could make it work in Live 10 and live 11 by doing this ,

You put in > Program data > Max8 > package > the folder spat5-x64

You put in > Program data > ableton > live11 > ressources > max > ressources > extensions > max "the content of extensions folder which are files which didn’t want to load in Max "

Thanks Patrick

Thank you very much Patrick for this feedback.

I am sure it will help other users. Sorry about the double complication of MaxforLive and windows, as the Max version is inside Live and the DLLs have to be placed in the right place for the spat to work.