I just have some news and I’ll continue in english if it can help.
During this period of calm, due to the virus, we took the time to mix HOA recordings and try things. We also receive a new computer with crazy specifications, so it was the time to try again to solve our troubles between Reaper, OSCar and Panoramix.
First, OSCar never stop to send messages when Reaper is stop. So there is a trick to solve this. Instead of using space bar to run Reaper, I create 2 simple “custom actions”. Like :
Track: Unbypass FX on all tracks
Track: Bypass FX on all tracks
I guess it can make some things we don’t want like cutting reverb or long time effects. It’s possible to improve this custom actions by just bypass one FX at a time (OSCar). Or maybe there a preference in Reaper who do it even simply. But I didn’t find it and it works find for me.
Even with this, the new computer and long time speedlim, the problem stay. The complete saturation of Panoramix OSC input, and then, the crash. At the same time all the tracks seem to react the same, even if the Panoramix Max Console received messages looks OK. So I tried a lot of things, as always, by changing randomly parameters… And it finally works.
I think, but I’m not sure, that the problem come from the fact I copy and past the same track with OSCar in Reaper. At the beginning I checked with one track and it works. So I duplicated it 24 times, reassign each OSCar one by one to different IDs and it didn’t work anymore. But, if I remove OSCar from tracks and add it again, it works. So I think the problem is located around this. I mean the duplication of OSCar plugin.
But, there was still a problem. Always to much messages seemed the make Panoramix slower with the speedlim at 5ms on OSCar and 0ms on Panoramix. And it finally worked when I put a small speelim time on Panoramix input. Like 3ms. It’s a small one but it changed everything. From really slow to perfectly fluid.
So everything looks OK for us now. I will tell you if it’s really the case or if I’m just too enthusiastic today.
@Thibaut : je crois que j’ai trouvé un petit bug qui n’a rien de très embêtant. Si j’ai plusieurs stereo tracks, que j’active le groupe all stereo et que je les envoie toutes dans un bus en même temps, le bus choisi s’affiche bien dans chaque case bus send sur chaque tranche, mais l’envoie ne se fait pas. Il faut le faire manuellement, tranche par tranche.