< Back to IRCAM Forum

OpenMusic and Orchidea

Hi Jerome.

Thanks for the bug-report! The path seems to be a left-over from my own copy…
i’ll remove those private paths from the demo-ws.

To fix it now check the OMORch prefs-panel, and make sure you set the paths there to something which makes sense on your on installation.

Something weird in OMOrch preferences :

• I can’t change the orchidea ‘orchestrate’ executable path (step 1) I point to
    /Desktop/0.7.bin/orchestrate but it doesn’t work

• When I change the path to XXX.spectrum.db (step 2), the path is changed (step3) but step 2 is not updated

• Step 3 : seems ok

ok, I’ve clear and reset now, I have :

but when I try to orchestrate, I have :

Something weird in OMOrch preferences …

Indeed, for the moment (goes for all OM prefs) you’ll need to hit ‘Apply’ to update the boxes.

but when I try to orchestrate, I have

Hmm, strange. What does your ‘out-files/omorch’ -folder look like?

For easier debugging, it’s probably a good idea if you provide us a mwe, as explained in the README

yes, It when I apply, my window has changed. that’s why the error has changed. see the folder :

MWE :

listener :

Seems ‘orchestrate’ hasn’t placed any output in there yet. The “02riviere…” is made by OMOrch, but clearly something didn’t run wll.

If possible, set up a mwe and post here, or send me privately

Send us also the output in the listener window

Possibly something with white-space in filenames? ( I always forget those, will setup a way to handle them in the lib…)

It’s difficult to use eyes on a screen-shot. Pls. send the output of your listener as a text-attachment or something.

None.

here you are :

OMOrch-test.zip (11,5 Ko)

What can I do to execute the binary file ?

listener :

====================
 OpenMusic v. 7.3.0.0                            
 r. 2023/10/16
 (c) IRCAM - Representations Musicales
 http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/
 ====================

Loading workspace: 'OMOrch-test' ...
Workspace loaded
Loading patch: /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/elements/MWE OMOrch.omp
OM > "Loading library OMOrch"
OM > "
;; ==============================================================
;;  OMOrch - an OM library using Cella's Orchidea orchestration tool
;;  Version:	0.2
;;  Date:	2023-10-10
;;  Sources:    https://github.com/andersvi/OMOrch
;;  Authors:	Anders Vinjar
;; ==============================================================
"
Loading sound file info: '/Users/lotus/Desktop/- Fichiers_AIFF/- Short_Sounds/02riviere.aiff'
/Users/lotus/Desktop/- Fichiers_AIFF/- Short_Sounds/02riviere.aiff Loaded...
APPLYING PREFERENCES...
Audio Setup...
  Audio driver: CoreAudio
  Selected device: Loopback Audio
  Initializing audio channels (0x2)
OM > "output-dir: /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/"
OM > "config-file: /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere.config.txt"
OM > "output-basename: 02riviere"
OM > "output-orchestration /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere.orchestration.txt"
OM > "output-sound /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere-solution.wav"
APPLYING PREFERENCES...
Audio Setup...
  Audio driver: CoreAudio
  Selected device: Loopback Audio
  Initializing audio channels (0x2)
OM > "output-dir: /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/"
OM > "config-file: /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere.config.txt"
OM > "output-basename: 02riviere"
OM > "output-orchestration /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere.orchestration.txt"
OM > "output-sound /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere-solution.wav"
:: cd /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/ && /Users/lotus/OM/Libraries/OMOrch/resources/bin/orchestrate /Users/lotus/Desktop/- Fichiers_AIFF/- Short_Sounds/02riviere.aiff /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere.config.txt
:: cd /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/ && /Users/lotus/OM/Libraries/OMOrch/resources/bin/orchestrate /Users/lotus/Desktop/- Fichiers_AIFF/- Short_Sounds/02riviere.aiff /Users/lotus/Desktop/OMOrch-test/out-files/omorch/02riviere.config.txt: /Users/lotus/OM/Libraries/OMOrch/resources/bin/orchestrate: cannot execute binary file

Hi All,

I am making first tests on Fedora 32, without any success. I presume I must update my distribution, because if I run whatever bin in OMOrch/resources/bin folder, in terminal, I receive always the same message: “/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34’ not found (required by ./features)” (this one for example running features executable).

So in my workspace out-files/omorch folder I find only the africa.config.txt file.

Do you think there could be any way to resolve creating some symbolic link to supply the missing version of the glibc library?

Many thanks in advance. Soon I will test on a High Sierra OsX version. reporting eventual problems or success

Ciao

Fabio

OMOrch depends on a version of Orchidea’s cli-tools for your platform.

The provided binaries in resources/bin are a courtesy for Linux-users (using an updated glibc).

Perhaps another thread? : there’s a small hitch in the Orchidea-sources to allow compiling the cli-tools on Linux. I sent Carmine a small patch in July, not sure if it ever got it into the sources. Tell me if you want to try.

Hi Anders,

By the way, where can we find the Orchidea sources. There’s no link in Carmine’s page?
Will send you via email some feedback on the library

Best
K

the command line tools are only for Mac OS in orch-idea page.

It works on my Mac but I had to install Cli-tools especially for Mac OS.

Best,

Jerome

http://www.orch-idea.org/download/

Thank you Jerome,

I was talking about the source code of these command line tools.
But maybe these are private.

Best
K

https://github.com/CarmineCella/orchidea

Hello,

with https://github.com/CarmineCella/orchidea I have a 404 error. So I had a look at Carmine GitHub but there’s no orchidea repository.

Best,

Jerome

Well, I manage to get OMOrch running,… I get back the Orchidea sound I get with our (Per & I) Max patch, MaxOrch.

I was looking for how to set the rendering parameters and saw that it was in the config_template.txt file.

MaxOrch uses more parameters, but not hysteresis or regularization.

As for export_solutions, I’m inclined to leave it at 1, since only one connection is used.

Yes, I say connection when you say solution. I’m referring to Carmine’s notes. Solutions are the number of matches in the pop_size/max_epochs for one segment.

I’ve seen that you export everything to the WS out-files, so nothing is lost.

Congrats,it’s a good job,

Best,

Jerome

Dear Jerome,

I have a question regarding Orchidea:
Does the solution renders only in 1/2 ton. ie no microintervals?

Thanx
K

Dear Karim,

Yes, you can use microintervals :slight_smile: image

the samples are chromatics but orchidea do the pitch bend