< Back to IRCAM Forum

No vu meter activity in spat5.panoramix~

Hi Thibaut !

I am currently working on a max patch that includes spat5.panoramix~ (and its control objects). The idea is to avoid latency in passing multichannel audio and dense control data to the standalone version. However I don’t seem to be able to get the vu meters to react when I open the panoramix mixer window - and yet it sounds! I have included the patch that uses KONTAKT as soundsource and some homebrewed animation of sounds sources using spat5.matrix~. If you don’t have KONTAKT 5 you can replace it with noise (or anything you like). Once DSP is on click the purple message to open the mixer editor. Can you see why nothing is happening in the vu meters? Would be nice if they could!

All the best, Hans Peter

Panoramix-[kontakt]-v1.maxpat (87.1 KB)

I forgot to include the Panoramix configuration file. Here is is. Best Hans Peter

Panoramix-[kontakt]-v1.txt (41.9 KB)

Hello Hans-Peter,

You need to connect the right-most outlet of panoramix~ to panoramix. That is where the vumeter values go through.

Best,
T.

Hi Thibaut! Yes, indeed. That made it. Happiness allover! Great! Thanks, best Hans Peter

Hi again!

When I make the suggested connection from spat5.panoramix~ to spat5.panoramix I get continuously the error message below (see adjoint patch). What am I missing? Best Hans Peter

Genesis-[Panorama]-v2.maxpat (236.6 KB)

spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/input -120.0”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/output/A”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/output/B”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/output/C”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/output/D”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/output/E”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/levels/output/F”. Reason: unsupported message ?
spat5.panoramix: error occurred when processing “/track/1/dynamics/reduction 0.000004”. Reason: unsupported message ?

Hi again,

I dont have any error message when I open your patch…

Anyway : it looks like panoramix~ has (at least) one track, while panoramix doesnt.
This sounds like an issue when loading/recalling your preset.
My guess is that banging panoramix (so that it properly propagates its state to panoramix~) might solve the issue (?)

T.