< Back to IRCAM Forum

Mubu buffer is mono when accessed via supervp objects

When using supervp objects on mubu buffers, the audio seems to only be present in the left channel.

I’ve tested this using the ‘supervp-from-mubu-audio’ help patch (linked in the supervp help file) and when loading a stereo file into the mubu, there is only one channel of audio that is output from supervp.

If I set the supervp object to a standard buffer instead with the same audio file, it works fine. When accessing the mubu audio via mubu.granular, it also works fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hi srs,
sorry for the very long delay… I only saw your message now. It was a real bug and is fixed now. If you need it I can compile a pre-release for you, while waiting for the official one.
Best

Hi @borghesi - thanks for looking into this. A pre-release compile would be great if it’s not too much hassle.

Thanks

Hi,
Here is a prerelease with the fix for the bug you reported.
Tell us if it works for you.
Best

Hi @borghesi Yes, that fixes the issue and stereo files play fine now.

There is still the issue mentioned in the other thread where [supervp.scrub~] doesn’t initialise properly when used within a [poly~] object inside Max for Live device. Do you think this is an issue with the supervp object or is it likely an Ableton/Max issue?

I have to open and close the Max device via the Edit button in Live in order for it to start working. If I change the window parameters and the supervp object tries to re-initialise, it stops working completely until I again open and close the device in the editor.