< Back to IRCAM Forum

ISiS Release v1.2.8

ISiS v1.2.8

• added command line option --env_transposition_fac, configSynth transposition_env_exp: more natural singing quality by means of dynamic envelop transposition,
  • faster synthesis (about 10-30%) by means of improved FFT library and pulse parameter cache,
  • signficiantly reduced memory requirement: now allows synthesizing very long sogs with constant memory,
  • support storing of, and resynthesis from semi-symbolic XML files for F0 and loudness contours,
  • added progress indicator to the pulse generation phase that may last rather long (30-80% of song duration).

Hi Axel,

Will there also be a new version of MaxISiS, or will it just be the command line tools?

Amidst this public health crisis, I hope you’re doing well. Stay safe.

All the best,
António

Hello Antonio,

Indeed MaxISiS had been updated a little bit earlier than ISiS. Please see the Max ISiS download page.

Amidst this public health crisis, I hope you’re doing well. Stay safe.

Thanks, for asking. All lights green for the moment, I hope it will stay like this.

All the best for you as well.
Axel

Hi @antonioflorenca,

here you are:

Enjoy

Hi Axel, Greg,

Thank you both, I had totally missed that release.

All the best,
António

Hi,

I was at Max ISiS Webinar a hour ago. If useful, I can confirm that ISiS 1.2.8 installs and runs on Linux Fedora 32. I have followed the very exact installation instructions on online documentation and synthesized defsong.wav. Now I am going to do some teaching work, then I will install it on OsX El Capitan, if I will be silent everything will have run perfectly.

Thank you for your work, ciao

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with El Capitan.

Best
Axel

Hi Axel,

It’s always me. On El Capitan command line tools runs without problems, but Max ISiS patch perhaps has some problem in my configuration. I must premise I have last Max version 7 and not version 8. A first problem I think is for the name of the Max folder where are stored packages: “Max 7” has a space that should be “Max\ 7” in Unix conventions (sorry for my terminology, I ma not a programmer). If I change position of OM.musicxml file, in a path without spaces, I can use it with .amxd object (but not still with Max project, I don’t know why). If I succeed in resolving I will report.

Ciao

Fabio

Best

Fabio

Dear Fabio,

great that you managed to install ISiS works on your Mac.

Concerning your questions with MaxISiS unfortunately I don’t use Max myself and so I cannot help you with that. You better ask this question in the MaxISIS Forum.

https://discussion.forum.ircam.fr/c/max-isis

I agree this seems a little bit segragated but the site is designed along repositories, two repositories means two separated discussion rooms.

Thanks for your patience.
Axel

Dear Alex,

No problem, I will put my question in correct discussion, I know, only precedent post was a little topic mixed, to say, between ISiS and Max-ISiS, I apologize for confusion. Thank you for suggestion. I am going to do some further verification and test and then I will post Max-ISiS topic there.

Ciao

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

this is probably due to the way Max handles space in paths.
On my computer, I end up by replacing every spaces in filenames and directories by “_”.
Then I don’t have this problem anymore…

Best

Hi Greg,

Sorry for late reply, thank you for your suggestion. I have tried to change “Max 7” folder into “Max_7” folder (of course adding it to Max paths), but the problem persists. It is probably that I have not sufficient practice to analyse and resolve or good describe the problem.

Reading Max Console messages I think the problem is that config file is not generated so Max can not find it and can not generate the audio file. I have also updated bach family libraries, but nothing change.

I am using Max 7.0.3, can that be the problem?

I will try some other experiment… Meanwhile thank you for support.

Ciao

Fabio