< Back to IRCAM Forum

Intel MKL FATAL ERROR

Hello,

I’m trying to install ISiS in a M1 (os 12.1). When I lunch the first exemple (isis.sh -o defsong.wav) I got this error message after the anaysis messages :

Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Error on loading function mkl_dft_mc3_dfti_create_dr1d.

any idea ?

Unfortunately, MKL is an optimization that is working for intel CPUs only. The Intel CPU emulation on the ARM Macintosh computers does not cover Intel’s MKL optimization. Therefore, the latest official release of ISiS does not work on MacOS under ARM CPUs. I am working on version 1.3.0, which will come in two variants for the Macintosh, one with MKL optimization for Intel, and one without MKL for ARM.

Hi, I have the same problem but in a machine with intel CPU.
so was searching solutions and I find that i shoud have upgraded anaconda. I’ve do it but without result.

I am using an old mac of 2010 with High Sierra, the isis version is 1.2.9.
Hope you can help me.

bests

Hi, I have the same problem but in a machine with intel CPU.
so was searching solutions and I find that i shoud have upgraded anaconda. I’ve do it but without result.

I am using an old mac of 2010 with High Sierra, the isis version is 1.2.9.
Hope you can help me.

bests

Hello Salcad,

I have never had a problem with MKL on intel machines. So I am not sure what might be the problem.
YOu don’t need to install Anaconda because ISiS comes with all dependencies included. Whatever you install on your system should not be used anyway.

If I am not mistaken I had High Sierra installed on the machine I compiled ISiS with. So there should not be a problem on that side either. in any case Anaconda supports MacOS versions

The MKL lib has been added in version 1.2 8, so if you install 1.2.7 there is no MKL, and if really MKL is the problem for you, then version 1.2.7 should at least run. Can you try that?

Best
Axel