• Step 4:

Download your Ircam Authorization code and put it on your DESKTOP

• Step 5

Type in your terminal:

cd Desktop

• Step 6

Now type:
supervp

If you have an Initialization failed message, this means your authorization key is not yet active on your computer. So please do type:
supervp -init_key_file Ircam_Activation_key.txt
like shown below:

Now your are ready to use supervp. Type supervp
If you have this message, it means that the authorization is on:

Best
K

2 Likes

Dear all,

I’m trying to install the command-line versions of supervp and pm2 on a MBP M1 Pro with Monterey. I followed the instructions mentioned in this post but get this with supervp:

Alexiss-MBP:Desktop baskind$ supervp -init_key_file Ircam_Activation_Key.txt
key initialization failed

For pm2 I get just nothing, namely when I type “pm2” in the command-line, nothing happens and the binary exists without notice (also not on the Mac’s console).

The Ircam_Activation_Key.txt is from today, so still valid.

I tried to run the terminal in Rosetta mode (since I’m on ARM), no luck. But I doubt that’s the problem, since supervp at least runs (meaning that Rosetta must have understood it).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis

Dear Alexis,

Some remarks here:

I tried to run the terminal in Rosetta mode (since I’m on ARM), no luck. But I doubt that’s the problem, since supervp at least runs (meaning that Rosetta must have understood it).

This doesn’t mean that the protection program is compatible though…
supervp calls fiprotect program which is not at all uptodate. So it might be the reason why it fails. Another reason might be that you are not pointing to the correct path to the authorization_activation _key (?) or this lat one is outdated ???

Best
K

Hi Karim,

thanks for your quick answer. I can confirm that the Ircam_Activation_Key.txt is up-to-date, I downloaded it today from my account.

Regarding the protection software fiprotect, can you tell me more about it? Where can I find it on my computer? I don’t find any information about it online.

I really need supervp and pm2 working on this machine for batch processing (additive analysis) that cannot be performed with the Max objects, it would be wonderful if we could find a solution to this issue.

Best,

Alexis

Hi again,

Wow, that’s weird. I restarted the computer and ran exactly the same command… and bingo, it runs now. I may have a clue though: meanwhile I tweaked the “Full Disk Access” in “Security & Privacy” and switched on “Terminal”, which was unset for some reason.

As far as I can tell and after scratching my head several times, I guess that’s the only possible explanation.

Thanks,

Alexis

1 Like

Great to know.
What OS are you running ?
I assume it is Apple 10.x?

Best
K

As I wrote: Monterey (12.0.1).

Other question: are there any plans to provide native ARM versions of supervp and pm2 command-line tools? Since the Max supervp objects are already universal binaries, I guess it’s possible, right?

Best,

Alexis

Dear Alexis,

I suggest then, you open a new thread in this group to ask this question, since this doesn’t fall under my remit.

Best
K