< Back to IRCAM Forum

Big Sur M1 support

Hello,

I was wondering whether the Big Sur/M1 architecture is supported for Antescofo and Spat5. I recently switched to the M1 system and I’d be nice to know whether it is supported as of now (and I need to run some command) or not yet.

Best,
Arnau

Hi Arnau,

The spat5 version currently distributed on forumnet is only compatible with Intel.
But I do have a M1-ready build, that I plan to release in the coming days (anyway, as of today, Max8 is not yet fully ready for M1).

Best,
T.

1 Like

Thank you, please keep us posted!

Hello Arnau.
Almost the same answer for Antescofo, but the horizon is rather the end of the year.
Best,
Jean-Louis.

1 Like

Hi,

In the following link, you’ll find a beta build of spat5 that is compatible with x86_64 and arm64 (Mac M1). It has not been intensively tested; so please report any issues !

https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=b11cbba9-d153-4ee3-a3a7-652bea21eeac

Thanks,
T.

1 Like

Oh that did work, perfect!

Thanks,
Arnau

Hello,
I’m new to this forum (and i really wonder pourquoi???)
I have an old 2012 macbookpro and i was thinking on moving to M1 as well, so…
I’m interested in the improvement the M1 architecture would provide?
@arnaub would you please give us some feedback on your experience.
thank you in advance

julien

Hello Julien,

Ballpark figure, from preliminary benchmarks with spat :
performances of the M1 chip are typically 20 - 25% better than the current intel i9.
That’s quite impressive.

Best,
T.

1 Like

Actually, with the Max 8.1.11 version (under Rosetta 2), I am running Antescofo just fine. No idea if there was some command I accidentally ran, but it works well in this kind of situation.

@julienh, Max is definitely working waay faster with the M1 (it’s pretty amazing).

woa this is promising indeed!

Hello! Has Antescofo been released for M1 systems?

I haven’t seen any new updates since 2021

Better post your question in the Antescofo channel : Antescofo - Ircam Forum
so that @giavitto can help you.

1 Like