< Back to IRCAM Forum

ASAP - First release

Hello,

:rocket: I’m really pleased to announce the first preliminary release of ASAP, AudioSculpt As Plugins, a set of audio plugins that takes over and adapts some of the features of AudioSculpt in order to be used in digital audio workstations.

Overview

:dizzy: ASAP allows transforming the sound in a creative way. The user is invited to play with the sound representation and the synthesis parameters in order to generate new sounds. The plugins are based on the SuperVP audio engine developed by the Ircam analysis-synthesis team.

:sparkles: The plugins are available in the VST3, Audio Unit and AAX formats (with the ARA extension for processing that requires entire audio information) and are compatible with macOS Intel/ARM (Universal 2) 64bit, Windows 10 & 11 64bit and Linux 64bit.

:tada: The ASAP plugins will be presented with the Partiels analysis software on October 1st at the IRCAM Forum Workshop at New York University!

:pray: Thanks to the Ircam research teams, and especially Axel Roebel and Frédéric Cornu from the Analysis-Synthesis team, the Ircam Forum team, and all the users for their feedback and suggestions during this first phase of development.

:warning: This project is currently in development, the plugins should be stable and usable in a production context, but breaking changes may be introduced in the next releases.

Advertising

The ASAP plugins set contains:
Spectral Remix: The plugin allows you to control the levels of preservation of the harmonic, noise, and attack components of the sound.
Spectral Crossing: The plugin allows you to cross the amplitudes and the frequencies of a source sound and a side-chain sound to generate a hybrid sound.
Spectral Clipping: The plugin allows you to expand and compress the energy of spectral components within a range of thresholds.
Formant Shaping: The plugin allows you to modify the vowels and play with the formant resonances of the sound.
Spectral Surface: The plugin allows you to draw shape filters on the sound spectrogram and to control the gain and the fades (ARA extension).

1 Like

Awesome! Exciting news. Where would you like us to send crash logs?

1 Like

You can send me a PM, or directly here or in a new thread in the ASAP category, as you want :slight_smile:

pretty cool.

1 Like

Great, will test them under Linux.

1 Like

Hi,

On Fedora 32, in Reaper, they run good. I have done some test, i must still test parameters automation, but I think there will no problems.

Thanks to All, ciao

Fbaio

2 Likes

How do you use plugins on Linux ?

Many thanks in advance,

Hi,

I have installed them by executing the script “linux-install.sh”, that is from a terminal with instruction “bash linux-install.sh”. This script simply copy the single plugins folders into hidden folder ~/.vst3.

Then I have started Reaper, imported an audio file and used them as whatever else plugin. Of course to use them in full mode I have donwloaded from Ircam forumnet site the activation-key and followed the procedure for activating the plugins (I have annual Forum Subscription).

I hope I have been clear. All installation procedures are explained also in the manual, at PDF page 2.

I have tested automation, too, it runs, the only problem I have until now is some crash in using surface filters, but I think it depends by my hardware configuration and by use of Gnome3 as deslkop manager.

Good Luck :-), ciao

Fabio

1 Like

Hello,

Then I have started Reaper, imported an audio file and used them as whatever else plugin.

And you can use any VST3 host such as Carla, Ardour or Pd with vstplugin~ (of course, the Surface Filter can be only loaded with a host that supports ARA extension)

I have tested automation, too, it runs, the only problem I have until now is some crash in using surface filters, but I think it depends by my hardware configuration and by use of Gnome3 as deslkop manager.

Can you send me the crash log and/or further information about when it happened and what you did? Linux feedback is really welcome. Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for Linux support, very appreciated.

Reaper freezes if I create a filter surface and then I move it inside plugin sonogram, both using mouse and using parameter changing (width, start, end and so on). After freeze I must restart Reaper. Unfortunately it seems to me that no logs are created, I have searched also into /var/log, but I think there was nothing relevant.

Here are my computer data:

• 8 Gb RAM
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz × 4
  • Graphci card: AMD® Cedar
  • HD 1 Tb (no SSD)
  • System: Fedora 32
  • GNOME 3.36.9
  • Graphic system X11

Thanks in advance, ciao

Fabio

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try to find the issue.

congrats on the release!

on authenticating I get directed to the portal from the plugins and am logged in but get an infinite wait after clicking the button – is anyone else experiencing this? and anything I may need to do different? I’m running latest stable Chrome browser on MacOS

1 Like

I just tried it and after waiting for a few seconds, I received an email but there might be an issue on the Ircam Forum server. @pellerin and @piccarreta can you check this issue?

Hi @SmokeDoepferEveryday
If I understand well, an infinite waiting occurs when clicking the Download button, right?
If yes, could you please retry?
If no, where does it happen precisely?

I click the “get authentication key” from the plugin – then the issue occurs on the webpage after clicking the authorisation button:

Hi @SmokeDoepferEveryday ,

Thank you for your feedback, we sent you a DM regarding the ASAP authorization key :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:point_right: The video presentation of ASAP and Partiels of the Ircam Forum Workshops 2022 is now accessible to all without restriction!

thanks!