< Back to IRCAM Forum

Antescofo language examples

Hello,

I want to share the Max patch and Antescofo score that I presented last month at Ircam during my Artistic Research Residency. This presentation shows some of the new features of Antescofo language like process, NIM, Arrays, fonctions… At the end of the presentation you can hear two musical examples of my composition for baritone saxophone and electronics where I use all this features.
In the .zip file you will find the same patch, score and sounds of the presentation (video in french) here: http://medias.ircam.fr/x0c8bba

If you have any question don’t hesitate to ask!

Best regards,

José Miguel

antescofo-langage-exemples patch.zip (898 KB)

Hi José,
great, thanks a lot. I will study it…
|Reinhold///// @ EXP

Hi José,

Thanks again !
and here’s for fun (I already posted it elsewhere but it’s more suitable in this one)

$x1 := "hello"  
$N := 4   
$indices := [ $i | $i in ($N) ]  

forall $i in $indices {  

this_patcher script newdefault print_main 225 200 print  
		this_patcher script newdefault ("print_me" + ($i + 1)) 225 100 "r" ("print_me" + ($i + 1))   
		this_patcher script connect ("print_me" + ($i + 1)) 0 print_main 0  

60ms  

@command("print_me" + ($i + 1)) $x1  

}

take care

N.

hum… for max users, one needs to open a max patch and instantiate a receive object “r this_patcher” connected to a thispatcher object

Hi José !!!

Very useful !!

Muchas gracias :))))

M.

Hi Nadir,

Very nice to script with Antescofo language!
You can also use a number in forall if you just need an incremental index and not elements from a table, something like:

forall $i in $N {…

This is one of the main qualities of textual languages, you can instantiate automatically different things… This is why I use SuperCollider in combination with Antescofo, I can instantiate a lot of synthesis and process in real time without worrying of GUI and software crash (it is not advisable scripting in Max during a performance…).

Saludos,

José M.

Yes José I had a few max crashes in my life :-))

thanks for the tip…

I’ll be back with somme other issues…

bye

N.