< Back to IRCAM Forum

workspace loads but doesn't appear

Hi,
OM 6.13
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra

Workspace loads, but no windows open other than the Listener, so all is at a standstill.
Reinstalled OM, made new workspace, it worked once, then same error.
Any ideas? Haven’t had this issue before, can’t find it in the archives.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul — are you working with multiple screens ?
My guess is that the workspace window might be here but just saved with a wrong position (out of the screen area).
If this is the case, deleting the file wsparams.lisp in the workspace folder might bring the window back.

Hi Jean,
Yes, I’m using multiple screens. That’s interesting - I’ll try it. If I don’t write back further, it means your solution worked.
Thank you,
Paul

Quick note - it worked, but I have to do it (delete the workspace parameters lisp file) each time I open OM - this seems to be a new feature since I’ve installed High Sierra.
Best, Paul

Can you look what’s in wsparams.lisp and share it here ?
Also, what is your screen configuration ?
Thanks,
Jean

wsparams.lisp = (in-package :om)(setf ws-params (list 1 (om-make-point 1761 358) (om-make-point 280 480)))

I’m using a 15" MacBook Pro with an iMac as a second display (extended off the right edge of the laptop, i.e. not mirrored)

Paul

ps, if I mirror the second display, the workspace appears, though on the right side of the larger mirrored screen (beyond where it would be on the laptop display).

I think there’s something wrong with initializing a window out of the “standard” screen region.
I’ll try to fix this in the next release.
In the meantime, workaround:

• bring the workspace window to the front (CMD+SHIFT+W)
  • close it (CMD+W)
  • re-open it (CMD+SHIFT+W)

Jean

I think this is fixed in OM 6.14:
http://forumnet.ircam.fr/shop/fr/forumnet/43-openmusic.html
=> let me know if it works !