< Back to IRCAM Forum

Where to find (old) OM-Versions < 6.15

Hi there,

is there a place where we can find older builds (or even sources) of OM? The oldest github release is 6.15.

Background: trying to run OM6.19 (after installation with the Windows installer) on a Windows10 virtual machine (hosted on MacOS) and can’t start it up due to an audio-lib .dll error after launch:

“Something wrong calling functions from OMAudioLib: /WINDOWS/system32/OMAudioLib.dll”
(PS, there was no lib (.dll) at this location, so I placed it there manually. But the error persisted.)

I was advised that this might be due to an older processor architecture, however the machine (MacBook Pro 15", late 2011) has an intel core i7 (which should be fine) and OM runs fine on the same machine under MacOS. I’d like to track down where the problem is (the VM can only use 4 of the CPU’s 8 cores, does OM require more?)…

Anyone else encountered this? Any advise very valued :slight_smile:

Cheers,
M

Hi M,

First of all, one question: Why do you want to run OM on a windows VM on a MAC?
You can run it directly on your mac using the latest build 6.20.

Now if you want really to do that, it is not a matter of your hardware, since you are using a VM (which are you using Oracle’s ?). So when running on a VM you can specify your cpu preferences. I think it is that what is causing the OMAudioLib to crash.

I personally use VirtualBox on linux. I can run easily OM 6.15 up to 6.20 without any problem with Windows 10 vm. So i think you should look into your Vm preferences.

Best
K

Now if you insist on using an old version, you can find here the 6.12 windows version which will probably work on an old emulated cpu.

https://forum.ircam.fr/projects/detail/om-archives/

Best
K

Another answer:

I was advised that this might be due to an older processor architecture, however the machine (MacBook Pro 15", late 2011) has an intel core i7 (which should be fine) and OM runs fine on the same machine under MacOS. I’d like to track down where the problem is (the VM can only use 4 of the CPU’s 8 cores, does OM require more?)…

It is not the number of cpus but the architecture you havem and really ot depends on the VM machine you are using.