< Back to IRCAM Forum

What are Modalys output samples?

Hi there!

I was wondering what does the Modalys output samples represent?

I have always thought that it was the speed of the access given to the point-output (so says the manual).
However as you can see from the adjoint patch something more is taken place. Either some scaled speed value or a different kind of value.
Can anyone clarify what are the exact types of values output from Modalys and how are they obtained?

Maybe this question suggest that a get-info value on the final make-point-output would be useful.
For scenarios where you want to check the output before values sending them to max.

Best Hans Peter

OutputSamples-etude-v1.maxpat (23.6 KB)

Yes, it is the speed in both cases.

Based on your example, I will definitely investigate why there is such a difference in gain!

Thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert!

Is there any news on this issue?

Here’s another even simpler patch - without any access-controller - but still showing the samme difference.
The two make-point-outputs are receiving the same access from the harmonic-oscillator so why do they produce a difference?

Have look at the attached patch. I very much hope you can solve this weird behaviour.

Best Hans Peter

OutputSamples-etude-v2.maxpat (21.9 KB)

Hi Again!

Here’s another oddity!

In this patch a harmonic oscillator and a mono-two-mass is setup in parallel to behave identical.
With the right setting they produce the same pitch but mono-two-mass has a strong low frequency component.
See the attached patch.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature?

Best Hans Peter

OutputSamples-etude-v4.maxpat (41 KB)