Hi all,

MyOrch is dead but MaxOrch is born…

A complete revision thanks to Per Bloland @pbloland

Enjoy,

Jerome

2 Likes

Congratulation! Amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing

Absolutely! It’s in need of documentation, but that will be coming shortly.
In the meantime feel free to ask any questions about it that come up.

Per

Hi all,

A small fix about Max 8.3 has been released.

We invite you to download MaxOrch

Enjoy,

Jerome

1 Like

Hi!
Thank you for that contribution! It’s a game-changer!

I have just one question about “Solution Corpus”: I don’t know what “skewness”, “solnum” and “segnum” is – I tried to google it, but with no result. Could you help me with where should I search for information about it?

Hi,

• Skewness also means asymmetric

• Solnum is the solution number

• Segnum is the segment number

These criteria are chosen to better analyze the solutions.

Best,

Jerome

see here : Skewness - Wikipedia

Hello!

I’m not sure how familiar you are with the Orchidea parameters, so forgive me if this is old news - but here are a few more details about those:

Segnum - this only applies to dynamic orchestrations (created when the onsetthreshold is <1). In dynamic orchestrations, the target audio file is divided into segments. The number of segments depends on a variety of settings, but generally the lower the onsetthreshold, the more segments.
In a static orchestration, there’s only one segment, so segnum isn’t useful.

Solnum - For each segment, Orchidea will generate a number of different solutions, as set by the maxexport parameter.

Skewness - gives you information about the quality of each solution. To my ear it sounds like it relates to the brightness, or presence of preponderance of higher frequencies (though maybe that’s centroid?), but I’m afraid that’s above my paygrade.

Generally speaking -
For static orchestrations: seeing skewness vs centroid gives you a nice array of solutions since segmum is out of the picture,
For dynamic orchestrations: seeing segnum vs solnum lays out a nice grid of solutions over time. You’ll still see centroid represented by dot color.

And if you have onsetthreshold set to 1 (only one segment generated) and maxexport set to 1 (only one solution) then the entire solutions grid is pretty useless. Just listen to the connection.

Hope that helps!
Per