< Back to IRCAM Forum

Understanding examples (dx-x and number-list)

Hello everyone,

I am with some doubts here. First, the documentation of dx->x says the example above for this function
Ex. (dx->x 6000 '(700 200)) => (6000 6700 6900). Ok, how can I grafically make this example?
Second, this is a doubt of mine. In a work using the program, the function x-> goes to (250 250 300 5000). Or, the list number receives inlets from the x->dx. How is possible to add inlets to a list of numbers?

Hi ismael,

What do you mean by graphically? In the above example, it deals with midicents. so you can plug the output into a Score editor, and you will get either a chords or a succession of notes.

Sorry concerning your second question i don’t get it? what precisely are you looking for. x->dx is the inverse od dx->x, it calculates the difference (steps or intervals) between each element of a list and it has only one input. Maybe if you attach an example, we might understand more clearly your question.

Best
K

Hello,

I am attaching the image for better comprehension. I want to know how the author put an inlet in the list of numbers, below the function n-cercle. How can I do it?

hello ismaelpatriota,

I think that those lists are TEXT-BOXes (look for it in classes/kernel/interface boxes).
hope it helps,
perti

Hi Ismael,

All the OM objects on your screenshot: n-cercle (two), chord (two), text-box (two.) You also have two instances of the c2chord function (left-most input: n-cercle, output: chord.)

All the best,
António

thank you everyone!
Regards,

Ismael