< Back to IRCAM Forum

Tuning calibration

I’m wondering about the tuning parameter in Antescofo. Is there a variable which can be accessed to get the current tuning in Hertz (and maybe send it to the Max patcher to display the value)? The print-out in the Max console triggered by the info message always says “Tuned to 0.0Hz” and I wonder if changing the tuning with the tune message or with antescofo::tune in the score has any effect. Also all values sent by the Antescofo~ object during calibration are always 0 except for the first one (energy).

By the way, it seems that the [alignment] certainty value is obsolete, because it’s also always 0. But I assume that the tuning is still relevant.

@kyl Both (tunning print and calibration sending 0) are certainly bugs! My guess is that tuning is actually effective but there’s only a type conversion bug when printing that has appeared since the new architecture.
It goes without saying that we will fix those for the next release.
CC @giavitto

I will check that. In the meantime, I can confirm that the tuning is taken into account.

It’s reassuring that the tuning is taken into account. The tuning preferences of musicians can differ quite considerably and most of the time are away from ISO 16 (440 Hz), while singers prefer a lower concert pitch.

So currently there’s no way to read Antescofo’s internal value for the tuning?