< Back to IRCAM Forum

Trying OM in Ubuntu

Hello, how are you?

Finally I had some time and installed Virtual Box with last Ubuntu version, 14.04.

It has been all smooth with OM, just had to reload a couple of times XMULTI library, but that happens sometimes in windows too.

I just could have a taste, because the virtual OS has not enough power for working hard, and I need to remain in win7, but I hope soon being able to install on bare metal. (this is the slang, it seems, to installing without virtualization.)

I had some problems with the shortcut, at it seems it is deep inside Unity and very difficult to deactivate its native function for moving windows. Also I should try harder next time.

Also found a little, no bug, but innacuracy, maybe you have time later to see it.

1. When reopening OM, the window to choose what you wanna do (open previous workspace, open or create) it doesnt have checked the first option, as it usually works in windows version, and I guess, in Mac.

Best,
David

2014-09-28-03_36_43-VirtualUbuntu-Corriendo-Oracle-VM-VirtualBox.png

Hi David, thanks for valuable feedback and bug-report. Glad to hear things run ok also with VMs.

The real bug vs. the radio-button is in the underlying lisp (lw), not presenting a single, selected radio-button when created with initialized: t. The guys at LW promised me a fix in september 2013, but still waiting.

However, the whole issue shows up because of bad style in the OM-code. We’re using sets of single radio-buttons where we actually should use the radio-button-panel class (which seem to work as expected). Ive got a workaround ready (selecting the button after its set up), and its somewhere on my todo-list, but not very near the top im afraid. I guess i had hoped lw would have provided a patch by now…