< Back to IRCAM Forum

Troubles with exporting…

Hello Orchids team,

I’ve tried to export as sound file a solution from Orchids (rendu.aiff) but it’s not succesful. And I can’t manage to export directly to Live.

Here’s the solution (capture.aiff) I get with recording the output to an extern recorder.

As you can hear there’s a real difference in between the two sound files. Is it normal or have I done something wrong (the parameters are set to default and it’s the way I get the less awful rendering).

Is it a bug or have I done something wrong (I don’t think so because i’ve done many tests) ?

for the “to do list” recording the solutions will be really usefull

Many thanks for the attention you’ll have to this report

cheers~

……………………………………… jerome

capture.aiff (1.33 MB)

Dear Jerome,

There is actually a pretty straightforward solution to do so, which is located (hidden ? :)) on the far top right of the interface. The little round button next to the global level meter is actually a “main out record” button, which can allow you to record everything you make in real-time and then export that as a wav file. However, this solution will make a complete recording of everything you do or play.

Your export problem is indeed very odd ! Have you tried the “export as tracks to folder” option (last one on the export menu) which will export each instrument as a separate wave file ? I cannot reproduce your particular problem at home !

All the best,
Philippe

Dear Philippe,

the “little round button” does the job !! But when I try to export tracks, each track has the “chroma rendering like” and I can’t use them.

Just few little things: I’d like to save solutions and maquettes, there’s button to copy but not for paste.

finally, how can I exploiting OM export ?

Thank you very much in advance

………………………………………………… jerome

Dear Jerome,

I think that the typical Cmd-C + Cmd-V should work to copypaste between the solutions and maquette editor ? I am unsure about the inner workings of the OM export but I think you can try to directly import it, otherwise you can also cheat through Lilypond or XML format ?

Best,
Philippe