< Back to IRCAM Forum

Trouble Opening Patches

Hi,

I’m encountering an error message when trying to open patches which I created back in December last year in a workspace. The message(s) reads" An error of type simple-type-error occurred: Cannot take CAR of #<chord 402005A0D3> with the last term for the chord changing with each patch I try to open. Does anyone know how I can fix this - or force the patch to load? It happens only with certain patches in the workspace. The version of OM is 6.15

Thanks
Sohrab

Hi,

Can you post the patch?
K

Hi Karim,

Thanks for getting back on this. This is one of the patches (link below); the others generating the same kind of error message include modified versions of this one.

All best wishes
Sohrab

Dear Sohrab,

Well your patch is ok. It’s a bug,/ But thanks to Jean Bresson who guided me, he depictit it.
So here is a patch (lisp file) to be put in the init folder of OM. Ehis will momentarly fix the issue until Jean releases an update.

Best
Karimmomentary_fix_100119.lisp (950 Bytes)

Dear Karim,

Many thanks for looking into this and for the bug-fix patch. I installed it as you instructed and the patches which were affected now open without any errors being reported.

With all best wishes, and my thanks also to Jean
Sohrab