< Back to IRCAM Forum

Timestretching | volume dip after transient

hello,

i just made a simple timestretch comparisons using audiosculpt 3.2 and izotope rx3 (time & pitch module in radius mode).
to my ears audiosculpt is the clear winner. with audiosculpt i get lesser artifacts and a more natural overall sound.
(specially with stretch factors greater that 4).

the test sound was a gong with a sharp attack. (i append the original file as wave and the processed files as mp3)
there is a clear difference between the results regarding the transition from the transient to the decay phase of the sound.
in the audiosculpt-result there is a dip in volume (between transient and decay phase)
which doesn’t exist in the rx-result nor in the original soundfile.

so i am not sure if the dip is caused by a special setting in the “process treatment” options.

as far as i remember i used a 4096 samp winsize, 8x winstep and 4x fftsize oversamp. the rest of the processing
parameters are set to the “factor settings”.

thanks for your help,

johannes

Archiv.zip (3.36 MB)

Hello Johannes,

I have to check this, the dip does not look good indeed. I most likely will not be able to look into this over the next few days. I’ll keep you informed via the forum here.

Many thanks for letting us know.
Best
Axel

Johannes,
There is a new release of AudioSculpt (3.3.4) that should solve this issue
Apologies for the long delay, Axel has been extremely busy and it seems solving this bug wasn’t trivial

hello frederic,

thanks for the info.

it seems that i cant make use of this audiosculpt-improvement since my as-license expired.