< Back to IRCAM Forum

Testing netinfo & setinfo in Max

Hi Again !

Running over all the getinfo and setinfo in Max-Modalys I am pleased see them work!
Some of them are really useful. Fx the getinfo 'mode-shape allow me to visualise the modal shapes of objects.
Just a few mysteries remain. That can be verified in the adjoint patch. Listed here they are:

• getinfo 'max-sample
    Returns a zero. Probably most useful inside an expression controller. Works in ModaLisp.

• getinfo 'object-origin
    I am not sure what is is supposed to do. Maybe ask Joël. Also does not work i ModaLisp.

• getinfo 'geometry
    Returns nothing. Also does not work in Modalisp.
    Header of modal data files have some geometric info stored (fx rect plate) that can be retrieved using this message.
    Mostly useful if you want to understand how modal datapoints are distributed in space (mainly concerns 2D objects).

All the best Hans Peter

01-Mlys-getinfo-test-v2.maxpat (31.9 KB)

I will get into these.
Thanks,
Robert

Hi Hans Peter,

getinfo max-sample is fixed in 3.4.5.b3, but I will (possibily) take care of ‘object-origin’ and ‘geometry’ in this version.

Robert

Hi Robert !

In 3.4.5 (b3) Is seems that getinfo always return zero using the patch provided earlier on.
Has it been fixed?

I think this message could potentially be very important inside a normalising expression controller.
So hopefully it will get working at some point.

Best Hans Peter

BTW. In the testing patch provided earlier on there is some examples using setinfo that don’t seems work on my machine.
I provide an updated patch so you can see.

Best Hans Peter

01B-Mlys-getinfo-test-v2.maxpat (47.3 KB)

Hi Hans Peter,

These examples should be fine with the just uploaded 3.4.5.b4.

Thanks,
Robert