< Back to IRCAM Forum

Sync multiple mubu.concat~?

This is a bit related to my previous big post yesterday : Some questions about playing controls, polyphony and more

If we could use multiple mubu.concat~ with the same set of data (I mean data from segmentation analysis of a same corpus. which would required to duplicate all from control to segment selection and triggering parts… for getting n cursors), how could we sync these mubu.concat~ ??

Actually, I know mubu.concat~ is triggered by message markerindex messages, depending on trigger mode.

By sync I mean, there is “a kind of period/rate in beat mode”. I know it depends on the period parameter of mubu.concat~ and in some tuto patches this one is goind back to the triggering system parts. but how could I use beat triggering mode with multiple mubu.concat~ ?

Right on time! concat’s period is sub-sample precise, but hard to sync to other things (you can bang to reset all periods. See also aligned playing).

But I’m just about to generalise the transport-synced metronome from skatart as camu.syncmetro (https://github.com/ircam-ismm/catart-mubu/blob/wip-syncmetro/patchers/lib/camu.syncmetro.maxpat), it works, except one last detail on change of period.

In future developments, mubu.concat could sync itself to the Max transport by giving periods in note syntax, like 16n, 0.2.160.

1 Like

gosh, always on edge :slight_smile:
will follow this.

1 Like

Hey @schwarz, thank you for the amazing work on Catart, been following it for over 15 years, it’s so great to see it evolve and get better!

Slightly different question but related to this topic - is there a way to get absolute start time of a buffer playback position before/after it hits mubu.concat~? I would like to sync the selection to corresponding video buffers and I am wondering if there’s a way to do that?

Hi, concat outputs marker and buffer index at right outlet, you can query the segment time with gettime to mubu.track.