< Back to IRCAM Forum

Stuck on "Evaluating Subspaces"

In the past, Orchids 0.9.2 has worked fine for me, but lately, when I click “Orchestrate” in the “Solutions” tab, the program just gets stuck on “Evaluating Subspaces” and never reaches a solution. What’s going on here?

Thanks,
Daniel

Screen-Shot-2016-06-26-at-5.51.36-PM.png

Dear Daniel,

Weird this bug was supposed to be fixed but pops out randomly … Have you added some personal sounds since ? You can also try to go in the “Advanced research parameters” section and deactivate “Harmonic fix” and “Adaptive optimization”. The problem was usually occurring more often depending on the orchestra configuration you have.

Best,
Philippe

Yeah, unfortunately deactivating “Harmonic fix” and “Adaptive optimization” does not fix the problem. I have also tried reinstalling Orchids, updating my operating system, and using a variety of audio files and orchestrations. Occasionally Orchids does work again, but especially on audio files containing rich high-harmonic spectra, it gets stuck every time. Anything else I can try?

Could you send me one of your soundfiles that gets “always stuck” along with the description of orchestra, parameters and filters (eventually you can take screenshots) so that I can try to reproduce the problem at home ?