< Back to IRCAM Forum

Strange disappearing items in menu

hello,

from time to time, I inadvertently do something (with the keyboard, probably) that makes that the menu doesn’t show most items. for example under the file menu there is not ‘save’. it’s suddenly gone. this happens from long ago. but was not able to reproduce this, consistently. it just happens. I’m on 7.2 and intel macosx Mojave. I learned how to deal with this and it’s not a big problem, but as nobody has mentioned it before I was curious to ask. I couldn’t find any reference in the search. any comments?
thanks in advance,
perti

Hmmm… Intereseting. Can you say which menu of which object, ie. while you are in a workspace, or a Score object, bpf, patch, etc… Or this behavior is general?

Best
K

hello karim,

I’m not sure but I think this happens when working on a score object (mostly chordseqs). not sure how or when, it just happens (occasionally) and I’m unaware when. this behaviour doesn’t seem to occur in my m1 machine, but I haven’t use it enough to know yet.
in the ‘file’ menu, the save item disappears. I’m not sure which other items would be missing, as I only get aware of this when saving. when this happens, I duplicate the patch instead of saving it. then I clear out the old patch.
hope this helps and that I’ve been clear explaining the problem. nevertheless, I think it only occurs to me as I haven’t seen any report on this.
thanks again,
perti

Dear Perti,

Can you try this version?:

There has been some issues regarding these new mac Oses. If it isn’t fix i will try to replicate the problem and see what’s wrong.

Best
K

dear Karim,

this strange behaviour occurs on my old Mojave/intel macbook, not on the new m1 (still on Monterey), which I didn’t use enough, as some projects I’m working on are on the old Mac. but as I said, is not really a problem, I was just curious about it and didn’t report it before because it seemed that there weren’t any other users having this problem. it’s not new, as I’ve been dealing with it for at least the last 2-3 years. again, I was just curious.
macbook pro 13 mid2012 (Mojave).
thanks again, and I hope to move soon on the new m1 for the next projects.
best,
perti

Hi there ! For the record : I had the same problem (it’s not happening often, if not at all with recent versions … the solution I found is to “export” the patches I’m working on in order not to loose my work (since the save and other menu items are disabled))

Dear Mauro,

Under What OS?

under several OSs (Snow Leopard, El Capitan and High Sierra, I skipped the other versions) I had this problem in the past years and I was too lazy (and the bug too erratic) to report it … sorry

Thanx Mauro,
Does this occurs in versions 7.x ?

it happened, but just a couple of times and not since 7.2 if I’m not mistaken …

Thanx.
Hope in 7.2 this was fixed. Always frustrating not to be able to reproduce it.
:slight_smile:
Best
K

hello karim,

I don’t think it was fixed in 7.2. in fact, I had it repeatedly once again after some time. as said, it’s not easy to reproduce the conditions in which it happens. similar to what Mauro Lanza do, I just duplicate the patch I’m working on to save it.
this is on 7.2/mojave/mbp mid-2012.
no problems till now on 7.2/ventura/mbp m1.
just wanted you to know.
thanks again Karim,
perti

Dear Perti,

Yes i meant since 7.2 starting from monterey/Ventura OS
Mojave had some issues with LW.

Best
K