< Back to IRCAM Forum

Strange behaviour in chord-seq editor

hello,

sporadically I’m getting the following (and annoying) behaviour. I haven’t been able to replicate this problem. attached is an omp with two chordseqs. please see the comments inside. this is on om6.15mac under mojave.
wtf.omp (6.9 KB)
thanks in advance for any info,
best,
perti

Hi Perti,

Ok first of all, please use the latest release which is 6.18/
Well this is weird. I will inspect the code, and come back to you. I suspect this chord-seq is an old instance prior to the analysis edits introduced in om 6.16.
We are sorry for this inconvenience and will try as best as we can to make everything backwards/foreward compatible.

Best
K

hello karim,

I’ll update to 6.18 in a couple of days, as I’m still testing and reviewing my last project files for archival purposes.
I currently have some ‘fix’ files in my init folder. I’ll ask you later which are deprecated for 6.18
thanks again,
greetings,
perti

Yes of course, please do. It could be that they (fix files) are no more necessary if you upgrade. 6.15 is three years old.

Best
K

I did the update to 6.18. it was the same. but (insert your favorite fanfare here) I found the ‘problem’. I say it between quotes because is not really a problem. inadvertently I set the grid to 10ms. this must have done some kind of graphic weirdness, so pressing g, then G, and setting the step grid to a higher value made it come again. so (fanfare again here) it was all my fault.
excuse moi pour la faux alarme. (fixes-in-init question still pending).
thanks again Karim.
best,
perti

1 Like

Thanx Perti for the fanfare :slight_smile: Will look into this,
I am hunting down many obnoxious thingies simultaneously
The 6.19 (coming soon) will be even more audacious :slight_smile:

Best
and thx again for your kind reports

K

Hi Perti,

Well found out the problem…!
The first Chord-Seq for reasons unknown ( :slight_smile: ) has its grid set to 10 ms. that’s why they don’t show up. The Stems disappear because it is expected so.

Conclusion this is not a bug, but a strange custom/user setting… (?)

Best
K

yes yes Karim, I said that in a previous message. I think that I probably typed too fast and there were a couple of 0’s missed out. that’s why I invoked a fanfare to signal my failure. mea culpa. sorry about that.
best regards,
perti