< Back to IRCAM Forum

Strange behavior of patches and old libraries

Hi everyone!
I’ve noticed a stranger behavior of patches appearing inside itself when I double-click them in OM 7.2 (MacOs Mojave). It’s happening all the time. Sometimes it’s complicated when I try to open a recursive patch because it simply disappear from original location.

patch-inside-itself

About old libraries, I’m trying to adapt the Om-screamer from OM 5 to OM 7.2 and I’m getting an error with gen-code-call. The same error appears when I try to load the Clouds library:
error-gen-code-call

Since I have no experience with class protocol in OM, is there any easy way to fix it?

Best,
Paulo

Dear Paulo,

For the first problem, can you send the patch please.
For Clouds, i have fixed the gen-call issue in the sources. Please use the sources and not the release from here:

Best
K

Hi Karim,
Thanks again for your fast reply.
I’ll try to explain better what’s happening.
First, I load the workspace:
workspace
Then, when I double-click to open a patch, the patch appears inside itself:

I’m sending the workspace attached.
workspace.zip (14.3 KB)

Best,
Paulo

Hi,

I confirm the same strange behaviour, and for what I can see, it si not dependent by the patch, and it does not happen always. I hope this help.

Ciao

fdsdb

1 Like

Hello,
I can also confirm that I noticed the same behaviour in my own patches (already with 7.1). I thought I had made a mistake, but I realise that other users had the same issue.
It happens always if I copy a patch on the Workspace, then open the copy. When I open the patch, it contains a green patch with the same name.
Hope this can help.
Gruesse!
Marco

Hi,

I tried to reproduce this error but couldn’t for the moment.
How do you import these patches, by drop and drag or through the contextual menu?
Best
K

Dear Paulo,

I will look into that. But let us move this into a specific subject thread no?
Best
K

Hi Karim,

Yes, no problem.

Dear Paulo,

You did delete the OMScreamer link. Please can you send it again so i can see the problem?

Hi Karim,
About the patches, it’s a behavior that’s happening with old workspaces too and all patches inside it (but not always, as Fabio said).

Best,
Paulo

Sorry,
I was thinking in create another topic. But there it is:
OM-Screamer.zip (1.2 MB)
Thanks,
Paulo

No worry Paulo,

Here you are it is fixed:
OM-Screamer.zip (1.2 MB)

(I had also to rename screamerInterface.lisp to screamerinterface.lisp. It is case sensitive.)

Best
K

1 Like