< Back to IRCAM Forum

Store a patch take very large space

Dear all,

I have a question about storing the OM patch.
When I stored this patch, it took very long time to store, and use 260m of space.

I guess it could be a question of the graphics (bpfs) stored in the class which take a lot of space.
And sometimes when I need to duplicate the patch in the workspace, it takes several minutes as well.

I would like to know is there a way to avoid these issues ?
For example, disable the embed-in-patch for some class or all the non-blocked class?

Thank you very much for the help.

Best wishes,
Jialin

Dear Jianlin

It is indeed a very very HUGE patch. The problem here is that all OM patches are in fact text patches (lisp). So their contents are numbers code in ASCII. So, even if you want to open your patch in a text based application it will take a long time to open. What i advise is to reconsider your patch in another way, in avoiding to load huge sound as a bpf in a chroma class. (i assume it is the case no?).
If you can send a simplified version (small) of your patch, maybe you can achieve this in a complete different way without loading all the data as a list.
Best
K

Dear Karim,

I see the question! Yes I will try to simplify the patches.
By the way, do we have any trick to initialize the object (or to say clean the stored bpfs/datas in a class) with some shortcut or event small om-functions? Or is there a variable that we could cancel the automatic embedment of several or all classes? I think if I do this before storing the patch, in will helps to reduce the waiting time.

Best wishes and have an excellent day!
Jialin

Dear JianLiu,

There is not a function. But i can certainly do this. Can you send me a simple example with the object containing the bpf?

Best
K