< Back to IRCAM Forum

Sonic Visualiser VAMP plugins

Hello there,

I really appreciate your ongoing effort in developing Partiels and the accomodating essential VAMP Pulgins based on SuperVP. Although I am wondering why I am unable to use the analysis plugins offered by VAMP in Sonic Visualiser (SV). After installing the respecitve files, I am prompted – after opening SV with error messages like:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Vamp/Fcn.dylib
Library contains no plugins

Is this a failure of Sonic Visualiser or something related to license-issues/closed-sourcesness/misconfiguration(-understanding)?

Best regards
Ruben Philipp

Hello Ruben,

This is a restriction due to the licensing of the analysis algorithms. If Sonic Visualizer prompts a window at each startup and it becomes too annoying, you can put the Ircam Vamp Plug-ins in another folder and add the path to this folder in the Partiels preferences.

But anyway, most of the Ircam Vamp Plug-ins use a Vamp extension developed at Ircam that allows pre-processing, extra output results, etc. so the plug-in would be limited outside Partiels.

May I ask why you want to use Ircam plugins with SV rather than Partiels? Just out of curiosity, this might help improve Partiels :slight_smile:

Best,
Pierre