< Back to IRCAM Forum

Some requests & things found while testing

Hi there,

• I miss all criteria for sorting the segment (duration is the main missed here but there are about 16 with catart if I remember correctly)
  • Circle vs Ellipse problem. Not from a look’n’feel point of view, but for choosing segments on a consistent way, it could be useful to have alway the same area.
  • mute and solo buttons with corpus editor are like… hanging the interface when we click on them (I guess they are not only muting but redoing some mem alloc or so…)
  • It doesn’t work as it is with Live 12 (beta) and the error is that one apparently (tried on my M1 Max, with or without Rosetta, just in case :wink: ) This is only the spat spreading the grains/voices which seem not working. I didn’t dig.
  • How does it manage presets/snapshot ? The read/write options are interesting, saving time to save things per voices but does it retain that within the device itself (presets/snapshots) ? And what about the samples ? I mean: does it retain the absolute (or relative) path to the samples ? Of course we cannot use the collect & save feature but…

I’ll probably have couple more.

Would be happy to contribute further through myself or Structure Void

Hi Julien,

Skatart is mean to be simple to use, so only the most important descriptors are put forward.

the x/y radiuses are in std. deviation units, so the ellipse is correct

unfortunately, mute/solo reloads all corpus soundfiles, so can take some time (esp. when they need resampling), but it shouldn’t hang (maybe a Live 12 thing).

spat5.pan is Apple Silicon compatible. Can you check if and old version is somewhere in your path?

Everything is snapshot by Live: corpus, trigger mode, x/y position…
And yes, soundfiles are found via the Max path, when the project was moved.

Hope this answers the first questions, Cheers!

1 Like

Dear @schwarz,

thanks for your answers.

only the most important descriptors

Duration would be one criteria VERY important when we use onset based segmentation.
This is not a “descriptor” stricto sensu, but segmenting according to onset and reorganizing segments while playing duration-wise is something that goes directly into xenakis analogique b, stuff like things :slight_smile: Concatenative synthesis at its higher cool state. I’ll check if I can add it as it is already done with pure catart part of things. Any help would be appreciated btw.

the x/y radiuses are in std. deviation units, so the ellipse is correct

Sure it is, but not convenient for a proper 2D-territories explorations but totally ok as we have to “deal with that”. I got it.

spat5.pan is Apple Silicon compatible. Can you check if and old version is somewhere in your path?

I don’t have an old something in my path. and still doesn’t work. Working with live 11 so, I’ll work with it on my current project.

Thanks

Not so hard duration enabling, thanks for having “just” given the “classical” catart inside of it :slight_smile:

Ok, you convinced me to add Duration to the menus (one can’t argue against Xenakis ;-). The only possible confusion is that chop segmentation will give the same duration for all segments.