< Back to IRCAM Forum

SoMax Permission Error

I get the following message in Terminal when I attempt to connect to server in SoMax II:

/Users/paulclift/Documents/Max\ 8/Packages/Somax-2.5.0/misc/somax_server.app/Contents/MacOS/somax_server ; exit;
Paul-Clift:~ paulclift$ /Users/paulclift/Documents/Max\ 8/Packages/Somax-2.5.0/misc/somax_server.app/Contents/MacOS/somax_server ; exit;
[INFO]: Somax server (version: 2.5.0) was started with input port 1234, output port 1235 and ip 127.0.0.1.
[INFO]: Created agent ‘Player’ with receive port 1236, send port 1237, ip 127.0.0.1.
[ERROR]: [PyOsc Error]: An exception occurred in function ‘get_corpus_files. [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: ‘/Users/paulclift/Documents/Max 8/Packages/Somax-2.5.0/corpus’’
[ERROR]: Exception in callback _SelectorDatagramTransport._read_ready()
handle: <Handle _SelectorDatagramTransport._read_ready()>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “maxosc/caller.py”, line 111, in call
File “somax/runtime/agent.py”, line 758, in get_corpus_files
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: ‘/Users/paulclift/Documents/Max 8/Packages/Somax-2.5.0/corpus’

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “asyncio/events.py”, line 80, in _run
File “asyncio/selector_events.py”, line 1029, in _read_ready
File “pythonosc/osc_server.py”, line 129, in datagram_received
File “pythonosc/dispatcher.py”, line 194, in call_handlers_for_packet
File “pythonosc/dispatcher.py”, line 57, in invoke
File “somax/runtime/asyncio_osc_object.py”, line 54, in __process_osc
File “maxosc/caller.py”, line 116, in call
PermissionError: [PyOsc Error]: An exception occurred in function ‘get_corpus_files. [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: ‘/Users/paulclift/Documents/Max 8/Packages/Somax-2.5.0/corpus’’

I assume that this is an easy fix?

Thanks and best,

Paul

I should mention that I am trying to run SoMax on quite a new machine, so all settings are OSX defaults…

Oh–I seem to have fixed it by chance… Terminal has to have full disk access in the privacy settings, it’s as simple as that!