< Back to IRCAM Forum

SOL Database download link missing?

Hi,

I forgot my audio disk at home today, and tried to do a fresh download of the SOL database. AFAIR this used to be available at

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/shop/en/forumnet/83-orchids.html

but now I’m not able to find it. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Trond

Hey,
i sent you the link via pm, as i don’t know if it’s okay to share it publicly
However i’m currently having issues with this : i have yosemite freshly installed from one day ago, and when i try to download the database the file i get is only 4,7 Go wide ; not 9,7 Go as it is shown while the download is ongoing. Then when i try to extract the zip archive, it extracts for a while, then upon reaching the end i ahve a popup mesage which says “unable to extract : the folder […] doesn’t exist”. I’ve tried to download it two times now. Could you report if it works for you ?

btw, i obtained that link when downloading the Orchids application, it was a webloc in the install drive.

Hey, just reporting that on the 3rd try, i could coplete the download and unzip the archive. Apparently the rpoblme was on my end, the download had been incomplete. Solved for me !

Dear Vichug,

Thank you very much for sharing the link in private message, it is indeed supposed to be a sound library only given to the registered users of Orchids :slight_smile:
Anyway, I am glad that you managed to perform the download in the end ! In any case for such a huge download (close to ~15Gb), I would recommend to always use a download manager plugin (many free ones are available for all web browsers).

All the best,
Philippe