< Back to IRCAM Forum

SkataRT doesnt make any sound

I can see the gain moving but not hearing the sound

Hi, where are you using it, in Max or in Live?

I’m currently having this issue as well when using SkataRT in Live. I can iterate through the corpus grains just fine in the edit tab, but attempting to use the XY grid doesn’t work. Additionally, I can’t use live audio input to trigger grains either.

When I open the device in Max, I’m able to hear the grains play successfully.

Currently using v1.6.1.

Edit: Closing Live and reopening it with a fresh instance of SkataRT seems to have solved the issue. I’m not sure what caused it in the first place. Incidentally, I am noticing it likes to crash when adding it to a track for the first time. I’ll post the dump file next time it happens.

also having this issue. I am using SkateRT in Live 12. Setting below. Seeing a signal in the editor window but nothing being routed to my tracks, so i can’t hear anything. *Apple M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, Sonoma 14.4.1

Any advice? New to ableton. I added SkataRT to my Max path. I’ve played around with audio input/output config in my preferences (but ultimately theres nothing special there, just going out to my speakers). I also opened the patch in Max and it works great. But no sound in Live.

Hi, sorry you’re having trouble. Can you please look at the Max console if there are any errors or suspicious messages? (Right click on the device title bar, then “Open Max Window”). Cheers.

Hi, thanks for getting back. seeing this error in the Max console so i installed spat to my Max 8 packages folder, but still getting the error:

You should be able to replace the spat5.pan~ in the device with the downloaded one. (edit / unfreeze (note where Max puts the mxos) / replace the mxo / freeze).

Thank you. Tried that. Also uninstalled/reinstalled spat5 and tried again. also tried with a few previous versions of spat and the skatart device. does it matter that i am using trial versions of max and ableton?