< Back to IRCAM Forum

SkataRT_amxd inside Max8_Parameter Mapping

Hi Diemo,

I was about to play a little bit with SKataRT Live Device inside Max (I do not use Ableton very often).
My first thought was how do I control the XY target position from inside Max, the level of each of the 8 corpus tracks and the radius size.
The device is lovely.
Many thanks !

Federico

Hi Federico, there is now the non-beta version 1.4.0 (and soon 1.4.1) which fixes some bugs you might encounter.
For remote control, look at the amxd~ help file, it’ll tell you to simply send messages which you can discover with “getparams”.
Best, Diemo

Dear Diemo,

many thanks for your feedback.
I already consulted the Help Patch for amxd~ devices but the message was not there. Too lazy was I then, it was listed of course into the reference manual.
Everything seems to work smoothly. I already have the “official” release (not the beta).
Next Year I will introduce CataRT, CaMu and this new friend, to my students at St.Louis College of music in Rome, where I am professor of Electronic Music Composition-

https://www.saintlouiscollege.eu/electroacoustic-composition-and-practice/-

I was thinking to arrange a full workshop of two days with you, in order to present a more detailed history of this project of yours and a bit of history of concatenative synthesis.
Would you be eventually available? In case we could continue our conversation in private.

All the best to you and the team.

Federico Placidi

Dear Federico,

yes, the reference is easily underused (even by myself…). I do use ctrl-click on the first inlet which pops up a menu with all messages. The cmd-shift-R reference sidebar is also nice.

Will PM you about that workshop. Cheers!