< Back to IRCAM Forum

Simple-type-error hindering to open a patch

Hello all (probably: hello Jean, hello Karim)

I’m not able to open a certain patch anymore while been given the following error-msg.

Is there any chance to access what is inside (even partially)? That would be really nice!

(the patch is using methods from the om-tristan and omlily lib.s)

thanks in advance

peter

Dear Peter,

Yes i will give it a try. Can you send the patch?

Best
K

Dear Karim,

the patch is just trying things out, but I liked some of the results, so: much appreciated!

hers 2.omp (598.4 KB)

Best Peter

(I would be interested in the general accessibility to functional errors from the patch level as it’s not the first time being confronted to this problem.)

Hi Peter,
Your patch opened just fine. Didn’t have your error.
What om version are you using ?

Best
K

Hi Karim,
it’s OM 6.15.
I could open this patch in the past for a several period of time. But lately - coming back to it after a while, I got this error; without having changed anything.
I also wonder: what exactly is meant/ could be the car of an entire object ‘chord-seq’…?

(If the error is not reproducable maybe you can - for a quick and pragmatic solution - just be so kind cutting everything which goes in to/ comes out of this chord-seq which could reference this car. Then it would run on my side again.)

Best
Peter

Dear Peter,

It is not very easy to track which chord-seq is involved here, since there are many of them. However i suspect it is not your patch but a linked patch which is causing this trouble. A linked patch you didn’t send. It is the ‘loop cookboock 2’.
So i will send your patch without this dead patch, and if it opens fine, this means the problem comes from there. So send the ‘loop cookboock 2’ so i can investigate further.

Best
Khers 2b.omp (598.0 KB)

Dear Peter,

THanx to Jean, the bug was found and fixed. But for the moment, here is the fixed patch. We had to delete the maquette 3 in order to get to open the patch.

Best
K
hers 2c.omp (255.2 KB)

Hello Karim,

first of all: many thanks for making the patch work again.

As for the ‘loop cookbook 2’: I can’t find such a patch in my project and I also can’t remember having used one by this name. I got a patch called ’loop cookbook’ - but it is really just trying out syntax…

loop cookboock.omp (19.8 KB)

I’m a bit clueless about that right now …?…

or was it the ‘maquette 3’ instead?

Anyway, again many thanks for your help so far.

Best

Peter

Dear Peter,

Yes it was a indeed the maquette 3. But in fact it is an om bug that was fixed now.
If you need this maquette and you need to load your initial patch, just put the ‘momentary_fix_100119.lisp’ file (attached) in your init folder inside the OM 6.15 application (right click OM 6.15.app and open Contents folder cf. attachment) then launch OM. This should fix this issue until a new release of OM.

Best
K

momentary_fix_100119.lisp (950 Bytes)

Screenshot_2019-12-06_03-03-01