< Back to IRCAM Forum

Search for Sound and Images

Dear OMusers, I am Yanwen Li. I am teaching composition at the Guangzhou Xinghai Conservatory of Music and sound art at Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts. I would like to introduce some work with images made in Openmusic. These images could either be used as such, for their aesthetic value, or produce sound (or MIDI data). In the first case, I would like to use this image as an image filter in Audiosculpt, in the second case I will open the sound result with Audiosculpt and look at its spectrum.
I will also introduce some historical pieces, like those by Iannis Xenakis. So, I am interested in bridges between auditory and visual experiences. If you have something in this direction, would you, please, send it to me? I would be very happy to introduce your work to my students in the Art Academy. My Email address is: yanwen_li@126.com. Thank you very much in advance to those who can help me.

Maybe it could be also interesting for you, I describe here a feedback of several years of creating music with visual artists. I experimented first an analogical approach through the technology, that is presently in the mainstream. Finally deceiving. Now i believe more in the sucess when building project associating musicians and artists with a common feeling.

https://www.imagimuse.net/en/musicology/music-and-visual-art
Charles

Hello Charles,

Thank you very much for your help, I will study your link careful.

Best greetings,
Yanwen