< Back to IRCAM Forum

Rhythm-trees and time-stretching

hello,

I’d like to know more about rhythm trees and I’m looking for a paper about that.

I want to make several rhythm cells (maybe with an hierarchy) and to time-stretch them but with no tempo changes in the voice, but it could change the time signature

Can you tell me where I can find how to make that ?

Many Thanks in advance

……………………………………… jerome

Dear Jerome,

Sorry got not much time these days. But here a patch that can give you a hint…

Best
K

scale.omp (12.5 KB)

…hum sorry you will need these two patches … (attached)

list2ratio.omp (1.01 KB)

thx very much Karim

sorry guys,

this is really messy here i send you “encore” the missing patch…

ratio2list.omp (1.16 KB)

everything is Ok now !

really interesting process !

many THX Karim

Hi Jéröme,

I was cleaning my libs folder and I came across this lib related to rythm and pitch manipulation if ever you’re interested : Cf. last link on this page :
http://cnmat.berkeley.edu/downloads

Bye

N.

Hi Nadir,

yes there’s a lot of thing in this page (CNMAT is just huge !) I’ve downloaded : CNMAT OM Tessellate library but this is huge too ! can you be more precise, please ?

THX in advance,

…………………………………………………… jerome

Hi,

I want to make several rhythm cells (maybe with an hierarchy)
TESSELLATE assists with the generation, analysis, filtering, and mapping of rhythmic temporal structures and pitch structures working in parallel. At its core, the library allows for the creation of permutational databases used to identify baseline models with unique properties that can further be hybridized and grown through iterative process.

Cf. Tutorials : 01 cyclic permutations and rhythmic overlaps - 02 generate rhythmic databases - 03 filter rhythmic databases.

You may contact the authors, I’m sure they’ll be pleased.

Bye now

N.

Dear Nadir,

I was frightened when I load the library but, yes, there’s many things in the tutorials, even more than expected !

Cheers~

……………………………………………………………… jerome

I agree it’s quite an impressive piece of work ! I’m going to dig into it sooner or later.

All the best Jérôme

N.

Jérôme, did you managed to use the CNMAT library? This error pops up everytime I try to open it
“Error while loading the library CNMAT-OM:
“Reader cannot find package ALEA.””