< Back to IRCAM Forum

Rhythm error (nasty one) in XML export

Hi there !
I just discovered what seems to be a major problem. I’ve joined the two screenshot (of the patch and the resulting MusXML) and the original patch. As you can see from the patch the second note of each of the three staves is supposed to be in synch (and it’s not in the MusXML, there’s also a not-so-good-looking 2:2 group inside a 2:3 group). Also (it’s kind of unrelated but also not so much, since we are discussing rhythm) … it would be very useful to have tuplets in form of ratios (for example 5:6 or even 2:3) when the denominator is not a power of two. I also noticed a lot of “hidden” tuplets (normally 1:1 groups are hidden), the same should apply to all groups where numerator = denominator (like the above-mentioned 2:2).

Thanks for your attention and greetings from Venice !

Mauro.

xKarim-01.omp (17.6 KB)

Dear Mauro,

Yes this is definitively an export error in xml. I will check it out.

Now concerning tuplets in ratio mode, i am afraid to overload the code for switching between ratio and simple numerator form (depending on the context), since it is also application dependent. I have the same issue with Lilypond export. I switch either ratios or numerators by default, and then go through it manually. I think it is a better solution that avoids overloading the export code. I understand you well concerning ambiguous tuplets such as 5:6 or even 7:6 etc… The reason in avoiding a smart and automatic switching, is whenever you have embeded tuplets, things get very delicate to manage depending on Finale, sibelius, etc… But i will also see what i can do about it. Om has this feature already.

Best to you, and take care

K

Hi all,

I hope this is a good fix for these problems. They come with grouped notes that are not really irrational rhythms. Please don’t hesitate to send feedbacks. Best
mxml-export-fix-mauro-1.lisp (6.1 KB)