< Back to IRCAM Forum

Repeat OM Loop Process

I’m working on a small iterative process based on the rhythm tree tutorial. I’m having some difficulties making the process repeat itself a selected number of times (in my example, ten times), each producing different lengths of 3/4 and 4/4 measures based on the list of random numbers. Currently, the patch works, but it doesn’t reiterate the process.

Would someone be willing to look at my patch and point me in the right direction? I’m sure it’s something simple, but I don’t know what I’m missing.

Thank you!
experimenting.omp (24.7 KB)

Hi nagymusic,

Thank you for posting the patch, but…
…your patch isn’t at all self-explanatory…
can you state what you wish to do here.
Your loop is rather radical:

You are feeding the “rhythm tree tutorial” with random values scattered all around:

• time signatures (beat numerator)
  • beat denom
  • and proportions.

I say you want a straight forward thing, but can you be more specific?

Best
K

Thanks, Karim. I appreciate your response.

Forgive me for the lack of specificity. I continue working on the patch and will try to upload a more self-explanatory version. In the meantime, here’s a brief response on what I’m trying to achieve.

When compiled, the patch currently produces between 1 and 6 measures of 3/4 and 1 bar of 4/4 appended at the end. I’d like to repeat this process by looping it 10 times, randomly choosing the number of 3/4 measures between 1 and 6. The result should be a series of 10 groups of 1 to 6 measures of 3/4 + 1 measure of 4/4.

If you could point me in the right direction, I’d be grateful.

Ok,
maybe try this:

Please note that concat-score-objs is in vers 7.1 (same as concat-voices in version 7.0)

Best
K

Yes - thank you very much!