< Back to IRCAM Forum

Reduce rhythmic values in poly

Hello,

I think the screenshot shows it best. The second poly after the reduction (re-baring) is the desired result, but my omloop only results in 12 bars and then stops. How can I adjust it to process the whole poly?

I’ve tried the reduce-rt function, but the result removes the ties, so the pitches are no longer aligned.

Thank you very much.

Dear lateralus891

Yes the screenshot is good, however makes it impossible to show you what’s wrong here.
Maybe the patch itself will fit better to debug it…

Best
K

I am sorry. Here is the patch.

Rebaring.omp (55.2 KB)

Dear lateralus891

Now we can see clearly with the patch. In fact you have blocked your “red patch” which outputed only 12 timesigs. So either you unblock it (since you have asked for a 200 random timesig) or just generate 24 timesigs (the nuber of the measures in your original poly:

Here is the patch:
rebaring1.omp (65.3 KB)

Best
K

Hey K,

I deliberately blocked the red patch to give you the correct time signatures from the first poly.

Your patch seems to be working, but now the time signatures are not being maintained. Is there a way to get the exact same time signatures, e.g. with GET-TIME-SIG?

I am not trying to change the time signature from the first to the second poly, but simply reduce and simplify the notation.

thanks

Ok!
So it is even simpler. You don’t need your random stuff in this case, just extract the time signatures from the first poly:

And here is the patch:

rebaring2.omp (65.3 KB)

Best
K

It works very well. Thank you.