< Back to IRCAM Forum

R-dp-player error

Hi!

I’ m having some issues with R-udp-player on OM 6.16. Every time when I try to playback, it show the following message: ERROR: cannot resolve hostname “localhost”, service 3000: unknown-host
Does anybody have solution how to fix it?

Thanks
Vinicius

Hi Vinicius,

This might be a R-udp-player problem and not an OM specific problem.

1. Have you tried to run it on OM 6.15 ?
  2. Which specific OS are you using ?

Best
K

Hi,

I’m using Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2, so OM 6.15 may not work properly on it.
I tried the latest version of R-udp-player, but the error remains.

Ok,

1. Which version exactly of R-udp you are using, vers 13 ?
  2. Are you running the patch version or the standalone version, and if so, how did yo make it run on Catalina ? using some hack ? (which is ok with me, but not 100% reliable.
  3. and most important: Where does this error show:
    a) on OM listener or
    b) on the Max console ?

Best
K

1. I’m using version 13.
  2. I tried both version, the patch and the standalone. I don’t use any hack, just configured In the midi settings of OM, chose ‘osc-scoreplayer’ as the default scoreplayer and checked the option ‘force score player’.
  3. The error message appears inside the poly object.

Thanks
Vinicius

Dear Vinicius,

I tested it with the standalone R-udp-playerMojave, on OM 6.16, with the same setting in OM preferences:
osc-scoreplayer’ as the default scoreplayer and checked the option ‘force score player’

So maybe you should either:
scenario 1) trash the workspace preferecnces, and relaunch om, applying the same settings.
scenario 2) check your port, it could be closed, or unavailable.

By the way, are you using special hardware ? the error indicates that the port is unavailable, which seems strange.

Best
K

Hi,

I did reset the preferences and applied the same settings. It worked for just few seconds and then stopped and return the same error message.

I checked the port and it seems to be disconnect, but when I launch R-udp-player before OM, a option Max 1 and Max 2 are shown. Even so the issue continues. I’m not using any special hardware, just my computer.

Thanks,
Vinicius