< Back to IRCAM Forum

"...quit while trying to restore its windows"

Good evening,
I’ve just download and install Orchids 0.9.1 on my 10.7-5. But trying to launch the program i have:
The application “Orchis0.9.1” unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows Do you want to try to restore its windows again?
Then I tried again, but nothing changed.
That’s the very first time I have this kind of message, so I don’t know how to solve the problem.
Any suggestion?
Thank you,
Carlo

Dear Carlo,

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate crash … However, you are the very first user to report such a situation (and I must admit that I have never seen such a message in my past coding life ^^), so I have really no clue to what is happening there. However, two solutions might lead to an idea.

1- You can start the C++ server manually by going (in a Terminal) to :
cd Orchids0.9.1.app/Contents/Database
Then launching
./Search
And then clicking on the app

2- You can ask Daniele for the Max patch version in order to narrow the problem

(I am trying to find if it is the Max interface or our C++ server that lead to this crash)

All the best,
Philippe

Thank you Philippe,
I tried the solution 1; this what i’ve got:

Running OSC server
Berkeley DB message: BDB2526 Finding last valid log LSN: file: 1 offset 3991082
Berkeley DB message: BDB1514 Recovery starting from [1][2986561]
Berkeley DB message: BDB1518 Recovery complete at Sun Jan 18 15:57:20 2015
Berkeley DB message: BDB1519 Maximum transaction ID 8000003a recovery checkpoint [1][4001356]
Constructing knowledge : name
Constructing knowledge : instrument
terminate called throwing an exceptionAbort trap: 6

The good news is that I don’t receive the “The application “Orchis0.9.1″ unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows Do you want to try to restore its windows again?” message…; the bad news is that Orchids still crashes.

I will try with Daniele.
Meanwhile please let me know if I can help you in any way!

Carlo

Hi Philippe,
I’ve just solved the error: I “simply” had an old version of bach…
Everything seems to work properly now.
Thank you,
Carlo

Dear Carlo,

I am very glad to hear that everything is working fine now (and that the error did not came from my code ^^). Is all the application working properly ? Please let me know if you need anything else

All the best;
Philippe